Individually tailored to our Clients’ needs and budgets, we offer a range of report products designed to cover any type of residential property including flats etc. These are:
- RICS Building Survey (once known as a Structural Survey):
A lengthy and highly detailed analysis of the building’s construction and condition, with advice on any deterioration, repairs needed and future maintenance. Usually suited to larger and older properties with complex issues and a need for in-depth technical guidance, and including photos of specific issues where helpful.
click to view sample > (3.63MB)
- RICS HomeBuyer Report
The most popular report style, targeted at most conventional properties from Victorian onwards in reasonable condition. Each part of the building is given a traffic-light “condition-rating” to focus at a glance on the most serious matters. It includes an independent valuation reflecting any repairs needed, an insurance figure and a useful legal section for your Solicitor to check. The physical inspection covers all the same areas as the Building Survey, but the report is much briefer with less detail.
click to view sample >
- RICS Condition Report
Similar format to the Homebuyer Report, but without the fault diagnosis, a valuation or insurance figure. Simply a condition check of each part of the building, so by far the cheapest of the three.
click to view sample >
For useful guidance and comparison checklist please click here >
We also offer the following specific services:
- Valuation Report: as required for Banks or Building Societies when granting a mortgage, but often useful for private Clients for a variety of reasons including Inheritance Tax and Matrimonial purposes. We are Registered by RICS for valuation advice.
- Specific Defect Report: forensic investigation into causes of cracking, dampness, mould or any other building problem.
- Rebuilding Cost Assessment: to check your buildings insurance cover is correct.
- Expert Witness Reports: for Solicitors needing an experienced Chartered Surveyor to advise on building defect or valuation issues.
Before Clients commit, and totally free of charge, we always discuss their needs and the specific type of property involved to ensure the best type of report is chosen, and offer a without-obligation fee quote.